The Lady of Style: Three Days Later

Saturday, December 28, 2013

Three Days Later

And just like that, my Christmas money disappeared. Today, I finally made my first trip to and purchase at Sephora in the gorgeous downtown Seattle! I was pretty excited, to say the least. So, here's the lowdown on everything I scored. Let's get to it!

$44.00
I've had my eyes on this foundation ever since I borrowed it from my mom, but since that bottle was running low, I decided to invest in one of my own. I admit, it was a bit of splurge but after reading countless positive reviews and even using it for myself, I couldn't resist!

$1 - 2.00 (at Target!)
This eyeliner wasn't actually purchased at Sephora. It was given to me by one of my best friends, Mary (love you)! Unlike the foundation, this was a very inexpensive buy. On Target's website, it is listed as costing just $1, but my friend said she bought it for about $2 - the cost may vary. I've lived my life for the past few months convinced that eyeliner just wasn't for me, but recently becoming fascinated by Alexa Chung's obsession for cat eyes (which she talks about in her book, It, which will be part of an upcoming post... stay tuned!) I decided to give it one more try. As I am a beginner, this eyeliner was a little difficult applying by myself, but I was quite satisfied with the results nonetheless. Definite must-have.

$20.00
I've wanted a darker lip color for a while since lighter colors don't stand out on my lips as much as I'd like. I had my mind set on the MAC rebel lipstick but this seemed to be the perfect alternative. Described as a burgundy plum color, I picked up this Smashbox product as it was the cheapest lipstick in Sephora and because I was open to try a new brand! New things are always good.

And there you have it! So, bit of a splurge, yes, but totally worth it. To end this post, I want to mention a few bloggy things:
  • Starting in January, I am going to begin a monthly favorites feature! I will pick about 5-10 items I bought in the past month and offer links, reviews, and pictures. Yay!
  • Also in January, I hope to begin (at the very least) bi-weekly posts on anything that I can. School, working out, and family time has kept me busy and tired, but this is my New Years resolution! Let me know if you have any suggestions in the comments below or at my Instagram, @mariavmarin :)

UPCOMING POSTS
november/december favorites (as promised)
christmas outfit details

Get excited, folks!
xo ♡ Maria

No comments :

Post a Comment